Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc (DVM equivalent).
9138059

Can I give the dog "Dasuquin with MSM" when he is on

Can I give the dog "Dasuquin with MSM" when he is on Metacam? He is a 13 year old Boarder Terrier.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your boy Jake who you are thinking of giving Dasuquin to. Thankfully Dasuquin is a very safe, over the counter 'nutraceutical' that is compose primarily of joint precursors glucosamine and chondroitin. There is no interaction between the anti-inflammatory drug Metacam and the Dasuquin, so these can be given simultaneously without any issue at all, and in fact, that is the best approach (ie a multimodal one) when dealing with arthritic older dogs. Also be sure to walk Jake on soft ground (the park or the beach rather than the pavement), and also consider getting him swimming (hydrotherapy in particular is ideal).

I hope this gives you the confidence you needed! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.