Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have an ill bearded dragon. He has lost his colour ,turned

Customer Question

Hi I have an ill bearded dragon. He has lost his colour ,turned yellow is having loose foul smelling stool. Head is not straight tilted to one side . Have tried all local vets but there's no reptile specialist any where near us . Desperately need advice please
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Anna replied 11 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. If you still need help, some additional information will be useful.

What brand of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?

How is your dragon's appetite?

What temperatures are you now maintaining under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?

How long has he been ill?

Is he 10 months or 10 years old?