Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.
Poor puppy! Jelly fish in North America are not typically toxic, but can cause pretty severe intestinal upset and an occasional allergic reaction. I would keep an eye on her and if she has a lot of swelling on her face or just is feeling weak then she could be having an allergic reaction and I would take her to a veterinarian.
If the vomiting has stopped and she seems to be doing okay then I would jus feed her really bland and easy to digest foods for a few days. Rice and cottage cheese or small pieces of chicken tend to work well. Small meals 4 times a day for 2-3 days and then transition back to her regular diet. Occasionally the stomach upset will be severe and they will need medications, but not usually. If she will not eat or continues to vomiting then I would have her checked out just to be sure.
I hope that helps, but if you have more questions please let me know.
The vasaline wouldn't hurt... you can definitely do that, but a very thin layer because they usually like it off.