Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 14 yr old cat is washing her paws and rubbing her ears

My 14 yr old cat is washing her paws and rubbing her ears and face, and also trying to itch her ears, I but due to arthritis she struggles.
I wasn't sure if it was fleas and I Frontlined her yesterday evening.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that your sweet Molly may be having an allergic reaction to something. Since you put the Frontline on yesterday, Molly may be reacting to this. The best thing to do is to try to wash off all of the Frontline that was applied with soap and water and also give Molly Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for a few days. You can use the liquid Pediatric form that is 12.5 mg per teaspoon available at the pharmacy.

If Molly does not respond to this, take her to your vet since she may require stronger medications.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t have any Benadryl, is there anything I can give her today, but that may help. Its a bank holiday in the UK and not much open today.

Famotidine (same as Pepcid) can be purchased at the chemist if there is one open. This is the only anti emetic that is safe for cats. Do the best that you can....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, I've just washed her, and I will see how it goes and try to get the Benadryl tomorrow.

Good for you! That will help!

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet Molly feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!