Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I have noticed that my dog (8 yrs old) has a small growth

Customer Question

I have noticed that my dog (8 yrs old) has a small growth hanging from his chest. It is about 1 inch long, is soft and appears a small amount of blood in it. I would just like to pull it off but I am afraid of causing problems.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Older dogs like Pirate will have benign skin tags which is what you are describing. It is best to have your vet remove this rather than you doing it since, this may bleed and without hemostasis, can get infected. Your vet can remove this under aseptic conditions and is safer for Pirate. The fear, if it is not removed, is that Pirate could hook this tag on something making this worse. It should eb removed before it gets larger but better to have your vet do this. IT will not be expensive and safer.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****