Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Could you please tell me if there would be a cost in putting

could you please tell me if there would be a cost in putting a family dog to sleep if it is deemed dangerous ?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you today.

If you have your dog euthanized by the local private practice, then the costs are the same for any reason and tend to be based on weight. Therefore, this could cost between £50-200 depending on the practice's prices and your dog's size. That said, if your dog is dangerous you could report this to your local RSPCA (HERE). They may be able to direct you to their local hospital for a reduced cost euthanasia or collect the dog for this without charge.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )