Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My four year old miniature dachshund has a small growth on

my four year old miniature dachshund has a small growth on one of his 'eyebrow' areas - it is very small and pink-White in colour and had been there a few months without change. it does not bother him and is rubbery to the touch - I have a photo and am wondering what this is and if I can remove this somehow? it may be a skin tag or wart but I'd like to know
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. You can upload the picture via the "add on" button next to your reply button.

I will be waiting for the picture, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pics attached he was asleep :)

1- How long has he had it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
approx six months but without any change or irritation to him

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks!

Friend, thank you for the picture. The picture that is closest is very blurry and I can not see much. The more clear picture the small growth appears to be a skin tag; this is a benign non-cancerous growth. We usually recommend benign neglect unless it is bothering the patient or it is in an area where it has become irritated by physical damage; then we recommend surgical removal. In this case, if it has not changed in the last 6 months and it is not bothering him I would leave it alone if this was my dog.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks / is it likely to go Away by itself at any point it will it be there forever?

Not likely to go away unless it is surgically removed by your family veterinarian, I am sorry.

You're welcome.

Please reply if you have additional questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just one for the road another pic of how it looks usually white but only goes pink if he rubs self on carpet so I guess it has blood vessels? does it have pain such as if I snipped it off?- thank you your answer is what I had suspected !

Yes, it does have vessels and nerve endings. I would not snip this off besides that it will be very painful it will bleed a lot and you will end up in the ER veterinarian. You can discuss with your vet to have it cauterize off, he will need to be sedated to have this done.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks for everything ! do I have to do anything here or does this just close itself as resolved?

The question will remain open after you rate me unless you choose to close it.

You're welcome.