Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a 4 year old with prickly heat rash which he gets

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old ***** ***** with prickly heat rash which he gets every summer we have tried lots of things from the vet ie shampoos, sprays, antihistamins but nothing seems to work can you help please.
Chris Rook
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
May have given you the incorrect email address it should be***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you just respond to***@******.*** thank you
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I regret that we're not allowed to communicate by private email. Please stay in this conversation. We don't recognize prickly heat rash in dogs. We do see a truncal solar dermatitis - usually on the flanks and abdominal skin while the nose and ears are the areas most exposed and thus most susceptible to actinic (pre-cancerous) damage. Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ i can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.