Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My apologies Russel as also eaten sone antihistamines

My apologies Russel as also eaten sone antihistamines possibly 6 10mg loratadine he is showing systems is running around should I be concerned
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ***** ***** dog eaten approx 6to10 loratadine hayfever allergy pills seem ok running sround

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is on overdose of an anti histamine and it is important that you try to induce vomiting if the ingestion has been within 2 hrs. To do this, give 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of Buster's weight. If he has not vomited within 15 minutes, do this again. You can safely do this 3 times. If it has been more than 2 hours, it is important to be very concerned and take Buster to your vet for an exam and treatment to flush this medication from his system as well as activated charcoal to remove the toxins.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet Buster will be ok!

Have a wonderful day!