Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
This is on overdose of an anti histamine and it is important that you try to induce vomiting if the ingestion has been within 2 hrs. To do this, give 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of Buster's weight. If he has not vomited within 15 minutes, do this again. You can safely do this 3 times. If it has been more than 2 hours, it is important to be very concerned and take Buster to your vet for an exam and treatment to flush this medication from his system as well as activated charcoal to remove the toxins.Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet Buster will be ok!Have a wonderful day!