Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Do pdsa collect and return pets after vaccinations? I have a

Do pdsa collect and return pets after vaccinations ? I have a stray kitten and need to know if she has been chipped. If not she will need vaccinations etc.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Unfortunately, a pick up/return service is not something that PDSA offer. Though if you need to check if this kitten is chipped, you can pop KitKat into any vet practice for a free chip check. If she isn't chipped, you wished to keep her, and you are PDSA eligible, then you could take her in for vaccination since she'd need 2 vaccines 2-4 weeks apart if she is this young and with an unknown vaccination history. Otherwise, if you aren't keen to keep her, need further aid or assistance with vaccination; then you'd be best to ring your local Cat's Protection branch (LINK) or RSPCA branch (LINK) for help.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to make KitKat an appointment or do I just bring her in ? What happens if she is chipped?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

For just a microchip check, you don't need an appointment and can pop her into any vet's to have that checked. But if she is chipped that means she is already owned and they will need to contact her owner. Of course, if they don't claim her in a week then you would still be able to keep her.

Take care,

Dr. B.