Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My car has a blood count of 5.24 is this very low? He's

Customer Question

Hi my car has a white blood count of 5.24 is this very low? He's quite lethargic also. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

It's a moderately low white blood cell count. The normal range is 7.3 - 18.6. We can see more specifically why your cat's white blood cell count is low by looking at the number of each white blood cell individually. Can you upload a copy of all of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but his vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/