Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cocker spaniel has just had a litter of pups she has a

Customer Question

Hi my cocker spaniel has just had a litter of pups she has a sore on her back which does not seem to bother her . This morning it looks worse it's red and a little scabby I'm taking her and the pups to a vet tomorrow ( the pups are getting there tails docked) but don't really want to leave it until then. Can you recommend anything I can put on it? We have a heat lamp in the shed and not sure if I should leave it on incase it is making it worse . Would be grateful for your advice .
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Carys, can you upload a photo(s) of this sore to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.