Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We have a Red Eared Snapper Terrapin for 37 years. He has

Customer Question

We have a Red Eared Snapper Terrapin for 37 years.
He has been healthy all this time, but recently his tank has been infested by very small flies, that are shaped like hang-gliders and we have seen small worms in the tank and on his shell.
What has caused this and how can we treat it?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name Joan and I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile Rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Diet?

Filtration?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?

Basking light?

Joan