DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine- class of 2007.
24095035

My horse as a runney nose on one side he is 19 year old old

Customer Question

My horse as a runney nose on one side he is 19 year old old remedy is stock home tare
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. The most common cause of one sided nasal discharge in an older horse, is an abscessed tooth. I would highly recommend that you have a vet or equine dentist out to see your horse and do an oral exam to identify the problem tooth and remove it. This is your best course of action given the information you have given me. I hope this helps. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any further questions.