Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have 8 year old cotton de tuelear, he has been giving of

Customer Question

I have 8 year old cotton de tuelear, he has been giving of gas all evening and when
I woke him to go in garden he was badly limping on back paws, one in particular,
Couldn't get down steps to garden, I helped him but he did nothing just sat, had
to physically help him in. Need advice as to what to do and whether it's ok to leave
Till morning. Only change is last night he ate dry cube meat Bakers, he normally has
wet food.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did he have any abnormalities in his stool?

Is he dragging the back leg or trying to walk/stand on the top of his paw?

Any boney crunching, instability, pain or swelling when you feel the leg and foot?