Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Just a quick question and not one I really want to ask my

Customer Question

Hi just a quick question and not one I really want to ask my dog is 10 months old she had her first season 2 to 3 months ago however her privates are still very swollen and protruding. Is this normal or should I get her checked out with the vets we use.
I appreciate your advice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Yes, this is not normal and you should have your gal checked. The best thing would be to have her spayed if you were considering this since at least for now, her reproductive system is not working properly. This could be normal for her because teh first heat cycle can be a transitional cycle and not go by the usual criteria of an older non spayed female.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I think I will book her in for a check over she did go through it bless her appreciate your reply

Good for you...you can never be too safe for your sweet gal.