Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

We have noticed on our male cat the he has two small pointed

Hi we have noticed on our male cat the he has two small pointed lumps on his bottom hole that are stuck to him and won't come off. Are these ticks?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I send you a picture?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Yes, please do. You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Please make sure it's in sharp focus. It can be difficult taking close-up pics.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I have attached two photos hope they are okThank you

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

No, they're not ticks; they're either scabs covering anal wounds or pieces of feces firmly stuck to his anus. They don't look like tumors which would be rare in a cat of his age in any event. Watch that he can defecate normally and periodically check his anus for any changes...hopefully that these disappeared. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have tried to clean him but they are stuck and he cried out?

They may be the "tip of the iceberg"; in other words be attached to feces in his rectum. That's why you need to watch to see if he can defecate and if he can, would confirm this educated guess.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you we will keep a check on him I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of parasite?

No parasite and of little consequence. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.