Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My husky is 16 weeks old she is having diahreoa and sickness

My husky is 16 weeks old she is having diahreoa and sickness And has recently been on medication to worm her which succeeded she also had a medication to help her stool and we were given specialised food which did not work she still has diahorea and sickness and yet she is lively hydrated and chirpy what else can I do to sort her tummy problems out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Sara. How many days ago was Blu dewormed? What medication was she put on to help with the diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She was put on a worming solution and probiotic support plus the specialised dog food which was none caloric to aid her stomach but she is stil the same
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

How long ago was this? If it has been about a week, you may need to get some metronidazole to stop the diarrhea. Also, do you know if she was checked for Giardia? If your hospital sends their stool samples to the lab, it would be checked. If they do fecals in-house, it may not have been diagnosed. I would call and ask to start her on Metronidazole since it sounds like everything else has been done (deworm, food, probiotic). It's time for a course of antibiotics. Hope this information helps and I am available for any more questions or concerns you have. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is chipped she has had all her injections was wormed but we think she threw up the worming tablet which is why she was reworked and she was full of them she has been checked by the vet was given the dog food for pups with diahorea and the probiotic 3mm twice a day she is due to be neutered at 6 months and up till now has not had any solid stools be it on raw diet or kibble or the vet issued I have starved her for 12 hours and now fed her on boiled egg and chicken for a meal missed her dinner to see if she would be sick but she held it down I have given her chicken tonight so will see if she holds it down she also only eats food recommended for huskys no wheat or cereals in it but until she toilets again I have no idea if she's loose again
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry, that is very frustrating. Here is what I would try at this point. I definitely think she needs at least one round of metronidazole, have you tried Purina EN? This is a fairly new diet by Purina (prescription diet) that has been great for puppies and kittens with diarrhea. The other thing is to check to see if she was evaluated for Giardia. The other fecal parasite would be Campylobacter. I recently had a pup with chronic diarrhea, the owners (both mom and dad) were hospitalized and treated for Campylobacter so this is how we figured out the puppy was the carrier. There is a fecal test for this parasite. Talk to your vet about testing for Giardia and Campylobacter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much appreciated
Wesley ridgway