Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has been running in grass and it appears to have been

Customer Question

My dog has been running in long grass and it appears to have been badly bitten by fleas. She has developed a fever and is very lethargic we have showered her clean her put salon over affected area and bathe her in cool wet rags.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I seem to have lost connection on my I pad due to pop ups and diversion adds. Would really appreciate an answer ASAP.
Best regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Sara. when did Jess run through the grass and did you find sores on her body that look like flea bites? I am not sure that they could bite her that many times that quickly. Is it possible there was a poisonous plant such as stinging nettle (or another plant) that she came in contact with that has caused the reaction?

Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

I am thinking that maybe we can do some Benadryl for this evening.