Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has a cut paw and keeps licking it He's had a course

My dog has a cut paw and keeps licking it He's had a course of antibiotics but still sore What should we do
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My dog has a cut paw and keeps licking it he's had antibiotic drops but it's still sore
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Carol, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this cut to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry Can't take a photo at the moment as my dog is with my son until tomorrow and he's out of touch

I understand. You're welcome to return to our conversation at your convenience. There's no extra charge for your doing so.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will take photo when he's home in the morning ta

Sounds good. I'll watch for your next post.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry can't send a pic as dog is black and the cut doesn't show

His vet will need to recheck the wound. It shouldn't continue to be sensitive if it had healed properly.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.