Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Just found what looks like a dry spherical scab under my

Customer Question

Hi there, just found what looks like a dry spherical scab under my shaggy labradoodles fur on the skin, seems dry and non angry but concerning haven't noticed before
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

In the photo, to the right and lower from the scab there appears to be dried discharge clumping the hair together. If so, this would indicate that the scab was due to simple trauma and care would consist of cleaning the area daily with over the counter chlorhexidine such as Hibiclens in your local pharmacy. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.