DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

My 13 year old cat has been diagnosed as having over active

Customer Question

Hi, my 13 year old cat has been diagnosed as having over active thyroid Ian after blood tests. She has had one prescription for Thyronorm which she had nearly finished. Obviously working group, she had gained weight. And not asking for food all the time. Our problem is whilst we are happy to pay for the (expensive) medication th vey will not prescribe more medication until she has another ( £56) blood test and blood tests every month for the next 3 months. We cannot afford all the blood tests which seem excessive when the cat obviously gaining weight and happier. Is there any way an online vet can prescribe this treatment?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 1 month ago.

Dr. Paul Brazzell.

Here is a practical compromise and one that i, as a veterinarian, recommended to my clients.

Do one more blood test to make sure the level is where it should be. Then you are done and there is no reason why they cannot give you enough pills for a year.

Medically sound advice, economically and practically sound also :)

Paul