DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

My cat has had diarrhoea for a few days, then didn't pooh

My cat has had diarrhoea for a few days, then didn't pooh for two days, not unusual for her. Yesterday, normal pooh and this morning, but a small amount of very funny diarrhoea in tray. She has had a good appetite throughout and has been her usual self, eating well and bright as a button, no vomiting.. Don't know how she is today as she spends all morning under the bed. I changed her dry food a couple of months ago, and changed back to original two days ago. She is a highly strung rescue Torrie and impossible to catch to get her to the vet.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 26 days ago.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I am happy to help you.

I am not too worried.

Try feeding her meat based baby food for a few days. And you can add some canned pumpkin(1 tsp) to that as source of fiber

And add a probiotic to her diet like Fortiflora

Then slowly add her regular diet back in

Paul

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you. She's very fussy about food, but I will try what you suggest. If diarrhoea persists, what should I do? Should I just give her baby food, ( if she,ll eat it or can she have dry too?
Expert:  DocPaul replied 26 days ago.

Stick with eh canned food for now.

Easier to mix the pumpkin in with it

And if diarrhea persists then consider Imodium- 1/4 caplet every 24 hours for 2-3 treatments

Okay?

Paul