Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I am an expat living in Thailand and have saved a black duck

I am an ex***** *****ving in Thailand and have saved a black duck from slaughter. What should i feed it?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 26 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

With regards ***** ***** question, it would be ideal to feed a standard pelleted waterfowl diet (ie ¾ cup Mazuri), along with a few pieces of dark floating greens in water, few mealworms and earthworms. If you struggle to get a proper duck feed, you can use laying hen pelleted feeds but do make sure to keep him on a duck specific vitamin supplement to ensure he gets adequate B vitamins.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**