Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My Yorkshire Terrier has been given 2 Piriteze tablets in

My Yorkshire Terrier has been given 2 Piriteze tablets in error. He usually only gets 1 at night and I was not aware my husband had already given him one and I gave him 1 within 10 mins. They contain cetrizine hydrochloride 10 mg. Will this cause any harm?

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about your Yorkie.

In most cases, a double dose of prescribed medication in a dog isn't going to be a problem or cause toxicity issues....and this would be the case here.

You might see sedation in a few hours or possibly vomiting/nausea but this is about all.

He should be fine and I hope this helps to reassure you. Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your prompt response.

You're most welcome although I'm sorry that I was off my computer when you responded back.

Take care, Deb