Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

It s the same cat and it s about his spine so i guess it s

Customer Question

it s the same cat and it s about his spine so i guess it s psrt of same conversation. he was vimiting after eating bad food, vomit was very bad smelling and tum made noise, bresth smelt bad, then stopped eating many many days. now eat well again, enjoy brushing, play wth toys, tresposive but spine feels very bony to touch, very obvious when touch him. is it due to fat and or muscle loss frm lack of food when did not eat.?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Yes, muscle wasting on both sides of the spine due to any cause will make the spine more prominent. This usually is due to a chronic disease process, however, which should be clarified by his vet. If you see those muscles come back now that he's eating well again, he doesn't suffer from a chronic disease process and wouldn't need the attention of his vet.