uk_iaibal
uk_iaibal, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Verified Car Mechanic.
71700977

my front passenger door on my vw passat will not open with

Customer Question

my front passenger door on my vw passat will not open with key or fob or off the door panel
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  uk_iaibal replied 4 years ago.
Hi There.
Your trouble can be caused by a couple of problems, the mos common are the lock connecting rod inside the door breaks, or the latch breaks internaly. to fix either problem is a little comlicated as you have to remove the inner door panel to access the mechanism, normally you would do this with the door open, with the door shut you do not have complete access to the fasteners that retain the trim, and unless you are unbelievably patient and skilled, damage to the door trim is pretty unavoidable. once the trim has been removed, you will be able to manipulate the latch to open the door. Then you will be able to replace the broken part/s