Mike, VW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

We have a 2007 vw passat blue 4 motion 2,0 litre turbo derv

Customer Question

We have a 2007 vw passat blue 4 motion 2,0 litre turbo derv , when driving along and allowing the car to coast the back end of the car kicks back an forth on overrun ,like it is getting interupted drive feed from the rear diff , when we disconnected controller on the rear differential the car performs fine but no 4wd , but the traction control light says on , the vw dealer advised that the rear diff haldex unit was faulty , we have removed the rear diff and had it checked & stripped by a transmission speacilist , no mechanical faults found with the unit & no noises coming from it , we have refitted changeing the oil for haldex coupling as well, the fault still remains with the car , no fault codes shown in haldex system , could d it be a controller fault or pump fault in the diff , we need some expert advise from a vw specilist ,
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer again...

With this issue - can I just ask as Im not sure - have you renewed the Haldex unit, or not?

Too - what is the mileage on the car... and what sort of use / history does it have ?

Do you have any fault readings of any sort ?

Rgds, MIKE............................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for responding

Appollogies for late reply , believe it or not the handbrake system also had a fault , yesterday there was a new caliper fitted , ssytem reset , and at the moment all is good , will get back to you for more info going to run for a couple of days & see

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Derek -

Thats ok -

If thats sorted it - that would indeed make lets hope so.

By all means let me know if you need anything more though.

Best Rgds, MIKE.