David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.
27984060

I have a 2003 vw polo with a siezed engine code AXU. I can

Customer Question

I have a 2003 vw polo with a siezed engine code AXU. I can buy a good AHW engine at low cost will it fit and work OK?
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know the answer in the next 24 hours or the information will be of no use to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

I hope that this replay comes in time for you and I apologise for the delay in your answer.

The two engines that you have listed are totally different to each other as the injection systems are totally different. To fit the other engine would involve a great deal of work swappping pretty much the entire engine and engine management system including the control unit. The control units would also then need to be coded to your car in order to allow it to start and run.

I think the work involved would end up costing you a lot of money and I would adivse finding the correct engine to fit in to your car.

I hope that this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information but it came too late to be of any use to me.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for letting me know but if you do need further help on this please feel free to reply to this and I will do all that I can to help you.

Dave