Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

MY DISPLAY TELLS ME STOP LOW OIL PRESSURE AND CAR WOULD NOT

Customer Question

MY DISPLAY TELLS ME STOP LOW OIL PRESSURE AND CAR WOULD NOT START. THIS IS A PASSAT 1.8 ESTATE 2000. COULD IT BE THE OIL PUMP OR ANYTHING ELSE. THANKS NEV.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

How did the vehicle run and drive the last time it would start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike

The car ran o.k. It was a surprise when it would only turn over but not fire up at all. Then the message about low oil pressure came on and confused the issue. I did not want to try starting again as for fear of damaging the motor.

Fortunately as the car was 10 miles from home. My daughter called the R.A.C. and to cut the story short they solved my problem.After getting the car started it was diagnosed that the battery was not holding sufficent charge to perform properly. New battery problem solved but confusing to me when low oil pressure came up on diplay.

Thanks for your reply and i hope it will be useful information for future refference.

Many Thanks Mike

Nev

I'm glad you got the issue resolved,thank you.