Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

BEST MAKE OF BRAKE PADS FOR VW TOUAREG? Hi, We have a 2007

BEST MAKE OF BRAKE PADS FOR VW TOUAREG? Hi, We have a 2007 VW Touareg TDI V6 than needs new pads and discs. Could you tell me please which makes are best? Thanks, Nick
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

Marty :

Hi Nick, my name isXXXXX are a lot of opinions on brake pads but I have had great success using the Pagid pads on the Tourag. If Pagid are not available I would use the Textar pads. On your rotors I would use either Brembo or Zimmerman rotors.

Marty :

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Marty.

I am going to have to order them off the Internet. Is there anything I need to be careful about? Somebody was saying to me today that it's important to make sure you get the right size?

Nick

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nick, yes there are a few different pad and rotor packages available on the Toureg. You need to measure the diameter of the rotors and see if you have the 330mm, 350mm or 368mm rotor. If you have the 330mm rotors you need to see if your pads use 1 pin or 2 pins for the retainer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - great. That's really helpful!