David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.
27984060

Hi. I have got a Volkswagen Golf 1.4 petrol 1995. My Brake

Customer Question

Hi. I have got a Volkswagen Golf 1.4 petrol 1995. My Brake lights have stopped working. The Blubs and the fuse look ok.

Kind Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.

The next item to check is the brake light switch and this will be located on the brake pedal bracket under the dash. These are quite common to fail and are fairly straight forward to replace as they just twist to remove.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the info. Sorry to say i have replaced the Brake light switch and my Brake lights still don't work.

Kind regards Darren.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi Darren

The next thing to check if you are able to is the live 12V feed to the switch. You should 12 volts on one wire and the other wire should go to earth. let me know how you get on with this and if you need further help.

Dave