Mike
Mike, VW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

location of glow plug module on 2005 VW Golf 2.0ltr SDI

Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you -

Im assuming you mean the engine code to be BKD not BDK....

In that case, if you look into the engine bay - as you stand viewing - the glow plug control module is inside the large black plastic box on the right hand side inner wing - as you view it... Basically the box between the battery and the inner wing.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Richard -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I meant engine code bdk, also I have looked into the fuse box by the nearside inner wing and it is not in there

many thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Richard -

Thank you for your reply --

In that case - please give me the cars Full reg number -

I will get back to you asap after receiving that from you --

Rgds,. MIKE.......................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

The cars full reg is HG05 RPO

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

How can I rate your service as I haven't had an answer since I gave you the vehicle reg number, just in case you didn't receive it HG05 HGO

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Richard -

Im sorry I could not get back to you sooner / when you sent the reg number.

I did get your reply - I assume from your latter message above, that you have received what is a system message - Im sorry about that , they are automatic -I know we are still progressing so don't worry about that at this point -

Back to your can then - My apologies re the engine code, that was my error - the reg number has clarified that for me now - Further - what I pointed out to you before was the location of the Glow plug module fuse - ( 50 amp.. fuse 51 fyi )... but of course its the module you want...Im sorry about the misunderstandings.

That module is under the main fuse box that I mentioned above - so, same place but its well hidden under there.. you need to pull the main fuse box up etc to get at it.. I will to help you ID it - give you an image so that you know what you are looking for , that will help.. for that , click the image I have uploaded below---

graphic

Once again - my sincere apologies for the muddle -

I hope all goes ok for you now..

Please do click on the "OK ratings" for me now - and I thank you again..

Best Rgds, MIKE.