Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

vw air cooled 1584cc injection 2003,runs a1 until you turn

Customer Question

vw air cooled 1584cc injection 2003,runs a1 until you turn the lights on or anything electrical,it starts to hunt,revs go up and down between(###) ###-####continous until you turn off what ever elecs that were on. engine no.acd30795 in boom low rider trike,german built

believe it is a mexico engine.have had it on diagnostic,shows no faults

Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
This is a regulator issue in the alternator .

What you can do to check this is as follows .

With a test voltmeter connected to the battery you should have 12.6volts this means the battery is fully charged .
Then start the engine ,you should now have 14v.+/-.5 volts . 13 and less then you have a faulty alternator .if in the right specs then switch on the lights this puts the alternator under load but the voltage should still stay around 14v may drop 0.5volts if drops below 10 then you have a bad regulator in the alternator which will in turn make the engine run ruff. replace the alternator or repair .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

Was wondering if you have checked and sorted out this issue,

I am here to bhelp you if not .

Rgds Greg