David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.
27984060

i have a passat. t.fsi . 55 plate. its computor said oil preasure

Customer Question

i have a passat. t.fsi . 55 plate. its computor said oil preasure low and strait after said shut down engine off NOW ..but just before i did it it maid a rattling noise and cut out by itself .. called the AA recovery and when they got to me checked my oil level witch was fine , they then tried starting it but it would not start .. then they said that my oil pumb stoped working and that it dameged the engine ,, he then said that the car only having 81000 miles it should,nt have done that ,seeing its had always been serviced .what should i do ??? like if vw sort it ou tbefore i go public with it
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer
It does sound like you have had an oil pump failure or and oil pick up issue. Without seeing the engine or hearing it I can't really say how much damage has been done.
You would need to check if the engine turns over or not and if it does you would need to have a compression test done to see if the engine is able to be saved.
As for VW helping to pay towards the repair the honest answer would be I doubt they would help very much due to the age and mileage of your car. That said though it is always worth a phone call to VW customer services just to see what they say. They will check the history of the car and they tend to help in some instances if you are the original owner and you have a FULL VW service history with the car. If you don't have all of that then your chances of them helping out are seriously reduced.
I hope this answers you question and if you need some more help or clarification on anything please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you further
Dave