Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

, i have a 2007 3c chassis passat. The electro mech

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2007 3c chassis passat. The electro mech steering has failed. It currently has a gen 2 rack fitted which has now been superceeded by a gen 3. When upgrading you also need to replace the wiring loom. I have done all of this but for some reason cannot communicate with it. The error is j500 steering control unit no signal or communication. When plugging the old gen 2 rack back in i am able to communicate just not with the gen 3. Have tried the gen 3 on another vehicle and can communicate ok. Is it a software issue? It does not seem to be getting a CAN signal? Thanks

Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal, you can close it down. I no longer require assistance. Thanks