David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.
27984060

Collected my Caddy Maxi C20 TDi on Tuesday. Have a challenge,

Collected my Caddy Maxi C20 TDi on Tuesday.
Have a challenge, my 12v power socket which I need for Sat Nav etc is dead! Manual says the fuse for the 12v socket is number 53 on the dash fuse box, however, there is no fuse in #53 which could explain why its dead - except there is only one connection point at #53, nothing for the fuse to bridge. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still happy to wait for a responce, thank you.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer
I have just checked my information and it does as you say show the 12V socket as fuse 53 but it also lists the cigarette lighter under fuse 47. I would check that one next and see if it is blown or not. If you have no luck with that please feel free to come back with me for further help. If you could let me have your chassis number if you need further help that would help me a great deal.
Dave
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm away for a couple of days, will check out you answer when I get back.
Thanks for your time.
Peter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dave,

Had a look at fuse #47 as suggested, you got it right! Replaced fuse and system is working - thanks.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 2 years ago.
Glad to hear that the problem is resolved and it's all working again.
Please remember to rate my answer and thank you for the feedback
Dave
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.