Mike
Mike, VW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My son is away and the Bora has been stored and I have just

My son is away and the Bora has been stored and I have just had it serviced and MOT'd for him. MOT has failed because headlights have become cloudy inside and out.
How can I gt the headlights cleaned -a new set is £471.02. - or could I buy second hand for a 2004 Bora
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this issue.
The lights tend to go dull on the outside rather than on the in.
There are companies that supply now ( its a relatively new product ) a "Kit" to "polish" these lenses back up to new standard...
You use the application on the outside of the lens and it really does bring them back to new -
There are others - but I have a link for you to one such kit - copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.3mdirect.co.uk/3m-headlight-restoration-kit-39073.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvz1C-jCIZ1cqRq4yg8ows3G46buRcjjEbzlQ7R7RKyvxoCepTw_wcB
You could but and fit 2nd hand lamps yes - but this is a cheaper / quciker way for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.