Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.

VW PASSAT 1.9TDi AUTOMATIC. 2005.I got gearbox reconditioned

Customer Question

VW PASSAT 1.9TDi AUTOMATIC. 2005.I got gearbox reconditioned by amatuers(for 1000 pounds in east London?! lol).When in reverse on idle it sort of 'pulsing'(revs go up and down(between(###) ###-####rpm)).Normally it happens when reversing back up the hill,then if i give it more revs -then it sort of evens out.It does not normally happens on the level surface!
Those mechanics who reconditioned gearbox,telling me its engine problem.The other mechanics looked at it and they 're telling me -its internal gearbox problem.
Is this somewhat common that you might have come across?
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i'd prefer if you would close my question and refund the money ,please

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help... Sorry to see you have had a wait.
-- Please let me know if you do still need help with this - then we can carry on from here if so.
Please tell me , if you do still need help, the FULL details of the car ( a full reg would be good also )... to inc the cars mileage...and what is its service history like - ie, when was the last service done..etc ?
Also - do you have any fault / warning lights come on at all?
Please also tell me the results of any checks / tests ..done since perhaps asking your question -
When I receive your reply - I will get back to you asap thereafter -
Kind Rgds, MIKE........................