Mike
Mike, VW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

VW Tiguan 09 Wet rear headlining over boot area thought this

VW Tiguan 09 Wet rear headlining over boot area thought this must be from sealing of sunroof. Water runs into os rear storage box where towing electrics located.
Blocked drains to sunroof to front last year cleared thanks to your info.
Are there any other drains or is there history on this problem?
Yorkie
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - Indeed - with this issue, the most likely issue is blocked drains for the rear half of the car / vehicle .. if you check with the sunroof open - you should be able to see at the rear of the frame work, a hole each side where the water drains down -- Its always worth trying to "rod" these through with a wire first before having to resort to stripping the insides.The drains drain at the back of the rear of the sill areas - you can check there too for blockages..Doing as above though is the place to start and hopefully you will be able to clear them through without stripping the interior at all.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be on later on tonight if needed.~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike for your prompt response. I will follow your advice tomorrow after the rain and have a go. No further probs at the front since last year.
Andrew
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Andrew -
Thank you for your reply - thats fine yes - Any problems you can always get back to me -
Can I just ask Andrew for you to click on the OK ratings for me at this point now then - Thank you ...
I appreciate that - and you can as I say, get back to me anytime -
Best Rgds. MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike. Regret unable to sight drain holes, tinted glass and bright reflection makes it difficult. Tried in darkness with torch and sliding piece in various positions still no joy. Are these holes in the far corners of the frame similar to front ones? My leaks at the front were caused by bad fitting pipes to roof nipples as well as blocked pipes at the bottom found by dropping headlining from edge gripper. Before I do any of this I need to have location of drain holes in frame please Thanks Andrew