Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

VW Touran 1.6 TDI. Warning light on and engine gone into limp

Customer Question

VW Touran 1.6 TDI. Warning light on and engine gone into limp mode only 2x in 13,000 miles - both times after very damp or cold nights. Fault cleared itself after nearly 100 miles in limp mode this week. Nothing found after quick diagnostic check by private VAG specialist garage. Any ideas please?
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need assistance on this query please, Shantal.
Paul
Hello Paul,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul . Was any malfunction codes found , if the check engine light comes ON when the engine is running then you must normally have a safed malfunction code in the ECM...If you have a code then we could help you sort out this issue . Rgds Greg