Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have recently had a replacement yaw sensor fitted at

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently had a replacement yaw sensor fitted at a local garage and the airbags and rear seatbelts activated, in your opinion was this due to the sensor being faulty or error/ incorrect installation?
many thanks
gillian
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
Hello Gillian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi, having paid over £30 for this service I would like a detailed answer to my query.
thanks
gillian
Hello Gillian,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi there, I am happy to wait just now as I really do need an answer to this.
many thanks
gillian
Hello Gillian,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI, thanks for trying, I am happy to close provided I am refunded the £31 that has been charged to my credit card.many thanks
gillian
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi Gillian.So sorry did not see you question but would you still like any help still with this issue . Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
many thanks
gillian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes please!!
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Gillian when the YAW was replaced is this the time the bags activated, or later after car was picked up from the repair shop .Give me a run down just as it happened .Why was the Yaw replaced what malfunction codes where diagnosed before the yaw replacement and if you can all Airbag codes NOW . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi,sorry I don't have any codes, the yaw was replaced as the traction control light was on (yellow) (code indicated faulty sensor) it was done by a garage and it went off when fitted, they told us the bags went off when the key was turned in the ignition (but we are not 100% confident we are getting the whole truth from them). We are trying to establish if a faulty yaw sensor could do this or if poor/error during installation would be the cause. Thanks so much
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Replacing the yaw will not cause the bags to deploy . If you can get the car to another shop just to check for malfunction codes then we will know what set it off. Also depending what they had to do when replacing the yaw they have to disable the systems before replacing any sensor if this was not done this could be also the cause .But as said be nice to have the code that are stored now in the system. Greg