Nathan B
Nathan B, NVQ3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

Our VW Sharan has had a gearbox and engine oil leak since we

Our VW Sharan has had a gearbox and engine oil leak since we bought it a while ago. We know we need to get the underside of the car cleaned properly so that our mechanic can work out where the leak is coming from. How do we do this without damaging anything else under there?!
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Welcome to ja.comI hope I can help you today.OK. To clean off the engine properly, firstly I would remove the engine under cover which is held on by 4 13mm bolts. Once removed you can power wash the whole under side of the engine just being careful not to concentrate on any major electrical items like the alternator. The best way to clean the engine is with the engine running as the heat of the engine will help keep things drying quickly.You could even go to a professional car washer and all them to do it for you if you don't feel confident yourself. But as long as you don't over wash any of the electrics it should be OK.I hope this has helped youPlease remember to rate my answer as this is how I get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated.If you require help in the future you can contact me on this site via my profile and I will be happy to help you again.Thank you in advanceNathan
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Please remember y to rate my answer as this is how I get paid.Thank you in advanceNathan