Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Should i have 12 volts Going to maf on 06 passat 1.9 also

Customer Question

Should i have 12 volts
Going to maf on 06 passat 1.9 also have 4.9 volts on 3 wires to map
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

the MAP sensor is a 5 v device so you should have a 5V +ve, a ground wire , and a signal wire

as you have probably worked out that fault code is showing an issue with that sensor

so I'd consider replacing it and also check the condition of the wiring to it

its also possible that the sensor is fine and the turbo is being a bit enthusiastic and overboosting

So check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues

or the wastegate may be sticking

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you