Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a VW UP with Blue Motion Technology which does,nt

Customer Question

I have a VW UP with Blue Motion Technology which does,nt seem to work. I have been charged with Dangerous driving after I had an accident when the stop/start did,nt work. I am now frightened to drive my car as a result of this. My local VW GARAGE/SHOWROOM where I purchased it are dismissive of my problem and tell me that they cannot disconnect the system---in other words --piss off--we,ve got your money so we are no longer interested in you!! HELP
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

it should be possible to disable the start / stop function

however its not as simple a the dealer 'ticking' a box in the VCDS diagnostic tool

however if you can find a VW specialist or a more accommodating dealer then its possible to tweak some settings to ensure the start/ stop is turned off

if you look on this forum post it can be done

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/disable-stop-start-vcds-tweak-94276.html

if you want me to locate a VW independent in your area then let me know with your location