Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ihave a mk2 golf g60 .i would like to improve bhp.so what

Customer Question

Hi , ihave a mk2 golf g60 .i would like to improve bhp.so what can i fit regarding NITRO FUEL / for this car . ?tarmike
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volkswagen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
whats up!
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

if you want to run nitro methane then this very specialized fuel only found in drag racing circles

it will increase the power of any engine but its basically liquid TNT with 50 times the calorific value of petrol

however its is extremely dangerous stuff in its neat form and difficult to get outside of a race track

usually its diluted with regular petrol so you run 10% nitro - you also need to change ignition timing and fuel mixture when on nitro and this is not easy as you'll need an adjustable engine control unit

I'd say a more conventional method might be better

so a more free-flowing exhaust, smaller supercharger pulley to increase boost and an free flow air filter and then a re-map to make it all work together

should give another 30-40bhp

this blog post goes into good detail about tuning this engine and its all sensible stuff

http://www.matey-matey.com/g60-tuning-guide.shtml

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you