Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I went to test drive a 54 plate vw Passat estate 2.0l and it

Customer Question

I went to test drive a 54 plate vw Passat estate 2.0l and it started juddering and losing power before cutting out. it would restart fine but would struggle to get any revs I even had my foot fully on the accelerator but it would still struggle. I took it back but his mechanic wasn't available till mon so brought my old car back and waiting for a call tomorrow, so I thought I would try and get sum idea of wot it could be.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with a restricted fuel filter.If the fuel filter has not been replaced recently I would have this checked into to see if it is restricted needing replaced.If this is or was already checked into or replaced let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete