Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My dashboard warning lights come on randomly. Can I re-boot

Customer Question

My dashboard warning lights come on randomly. Can I re-boot the system?
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers.This will require the use of a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model or a computer plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault in the instrument gauge cluster itself.I have seen this fault internally needing to be repaired or replaced turning on the lights you see.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete