Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

VW cannot sort this! Driving at a constant speed between

Customer Question

VW cannot sort this! Driving at a constant speed between 35mph and 40mph several times a day there is a short noise like the electronic handbrake trying coming on. My car is 2013.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.It is possible the hand brake motor is shorting out trying to engage needing replaced.You would have to have this inspected further though to see if this is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete