Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Touareg 2006 tailgate locking mechanism groans when I close

Customer Question

touareg 2006 tailgate locking mechanism groans when I close the tailgate can you tell me what is wrong?
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the dash board telling you the tailgate is open and since it does make noise this sounds like a fault with the tail gate latch itself.I have seen the latch fail in several cases in the past before causing this type of fault here with it needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete